Knowing how to schedule texts on iPhone can take a lot of the stress out of business admin. Whether you’re texting coworkers or customers, scheduling apps for texts can be a big help.
In this article, we’ll cover all you need to know about scheduling text messages on iPhones.
Benefits of Scheduling Text Messages
The benefits of a planned SMS schedule on iPhone should be obvious to most businesses that communicate via text messages. They include:
- Fewer missed appointments – you can schedule texts to remind customers about their upcoming appointments.
- Higher customer engagement rates – schedule text messages after-sales that encourage customers to leave a review.
- Less hassle – the most obvious benefit is that you can schedule texts, so you don’t have to send them manually every time.
- Get your timing right – texting customers at the right time is vital. With scheduling apps, you don’t have to worry about missing the window of opportunity.
Using an SMS schedule on iPhone simply boils down to convenience on your part. Your business might have to send hundreds of text messages, and scheduling them makes things more manageable.
When Should You Schedule Text Messages?
We’ve covered a few use cases of text scheduling above, but to break it down further, here are some examples:
Many businesses use SMS messages to communicate with customers. Whether it’s reminders or marketing, they’re a viable way of getting your messages across. Scheduling is helpful in the following cases:
- Texting appointment reminders – schedule them for 24 and 48 hours before the appointment.
- Sending product review links – schedule texts for when the customer has used your product or service.
- Build excitement around an upcoming event – send release information, promotional codes, etc.
Generally, there are fewer uses for scheduling apps in personal situations. However, it helps communicate with colleagues, particularly if they’re in different time zones.
For example, if you live in the USA but need to text a coworker or business partner in Europe, scheduling your text message means it arrives at a convenient time for them without you staying up all night.
How to Schedule Text Messages with Shortcut App
Unfortunately, there’s no dedicated scheduling setting on iPhones. Instead, you must use the Shortcuts app on iPhone, which comes pre-installed on iOS 13 or later. Earlier versions can download it from the App Store.
To set up scheduled messages on the Shortcuts app on iPhone, do the following:
- Open the app and click the Automations tab at the bottom.
- Tap Create Personal Automation.
- Select the time and repeat schedule. It can be daily, weekly, or monthly. For the latter two, you select the time and date you want.
- Tap Add Action and Send Message in that menu.
- Type out the message you want to send and select the recipient(s).
- Toggle the Ask Before Running setting on or off. It asks you whether you want to send the text or does it automatically.
- Review your settings and tap Done.
Pros and Cons of Shortcuts App on iPhone
- Free to use.
- Comes installed on iOS 13 and later.
- Fine for personal businesses with small contact lists.
- Long-winded automation feature.
- Poor functionality for businesses with larger contact lists.
Third-Party Apps for Scheduling Text Messages on iPhone
Although the Shortcuts app is native and free, there are better options from a business perspective. Here are some of the highlights.
AutoSender allows you to set up an SMS schedule on your iPhone. It stores messages on the cloud, meaning it can send them even when your phone is off.
You can create groups and send auto-replies. However, it uses credit-per-text and subscription payment systems, which isn’t the most intuitive setup.
- Easy to set up text message schedule
- Gives you options for groups and automated replies
- Gives you a private virtual number
- The payment system isn’t great
Scheduled allows you to set up messages across multiple platforms, including WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and more. This makes it ideal for omnichannel marketing.
The basic plan is $3.99 a month, although you only get automated features on the premium plan. This is $4.99 a month, so it still won’t break the bank. Business plans range from $7.49 to $49.99 a month.
- Schedules messages across multiple platforms
- Quick and easy to use
- Plenty of functionality
- Business plans are buggy
3. Moxy Messenger
Moxy makes it easy to set up and manage an SMS schedule on iPhone. It sends you a notification when your messages are sending time approaches, which you simply tap to send. You can also postpone or delete without opening the app.
The app is currently free on the App Store. While it doesn’t have the same level of functionality as some premium scheduling apps, it’s more than enough for personal businesses.
- Easy to send and postpone messages
- Integrates with Siri
- Less functionality than premium scheduling apps
Zipwhip offers mobile apps, browser extensions, web apps, and desktop apps. It’s great for businesses because you’re not limited to just using your mobile phone. You can manage your scheduled messages from any platform you log in on.
Its pricing reflects this, as its lowest plan price is $25 a month. The premium version is $99 a month but provides loads of extra features.
- Plenty of apps to use
- Great functionality
- Ideal for businesses
- More expensive than other scheduling apps
Textr for Businesses
Textr is ideal for businesses wanting to promote and collaborate. Companies can buy different local numbers and assign team members to stay in touch with their customers efficiently.
Better yet, Textr allows you to send SMS online. Businesses can send messages for free online, and there’s even the ability to send texts anonymously if you don’t log in.
Final Thoughts on Scheduling Apps for iPhone
Using scheduling apps on your phone helps manage business messages. It saves you from sending them manually, although choosing the right app depends on your business size and budget.
Be sure to check out the full range of available apps to see which would be right for you to schedule text messages on your iPhone.
Frequently Ask Question
Can I schedule an iMessage?
There is currently no dedicated function to schedule an iMessage on iPhone. The easiest way to do it is through the Shortcuts app, accessible on iOS 13 and above. Alternatively, download a third-party app that’s more suitable.
About the Writer
Unwavering passion for all things related to the latest chat tools, memes, crypto, and AI image generation